The growing number of initiatives led by the European Union and the environmental targets set for the future are driving the demand for electric vehicles, charging infrastructures, and renewable energy sources. EeMEC’s roadmap to eMobility invites cities, companies, and individuals to “test drive the future” and learn the best practices from the pilot cities participating in the centre.
At the beginning of 2020, the European Horizon 2020 project MEISTER gave birth to EeMEC. The European e-Mobility Expertise Centre (EeMEC), established in Valencia (Spain), is a non-profit organization created to facilitate the transferability of best practices of the various cities leading eMobility in Europe, to other European local governments. It is a technical, legal, and financial support center, as well as a tool that will facilitate engineering and consultancy companies to offer their services to local governments in urban planning. Members of the ecosystem are the organisations who contribute to building the EeMEC and making it sustainable, ranging from local authorities and city networks to NGOs, academics, private partners, and consultancies.
A holistic approach to eMobility integration
- Electric vehicles are critical to reducing the level of emissions required to achieve the global climate targets. At EeMEC the experts provide support with best practices and technical know-how, in 4 basic pillars:
- A clear focus on the rapid electrification of cars and other vehicles, through the use of existing and future technology, product, and service offerings.
- Charging infrastructure is rapidly evolving to support millions of new vehicles and drivers. EeMEC and MEISTER project explore how to make charging faster and more accessible while maximizing benefits for the electrical grid.
- Ensuring new mobility services reach the communities that will benefit from them the most. EeMEC & MEISTER explore the broader ecosystem needed for the market to expand with an emphasis on research projects, EU policies, and demonstration pilot sites.
- Cutting Edge Solutions. Development and promotion of the most important topics and emerging technologies in smart and energy-efficient transportation.
Electromobility offers to every involved stakeholder exciting opportunities. Adapt. Accelerate. Electrify Now!
Interested in becoming a member of the European e-Mobility Expertise Center?
Join the network here https://www.eemec.eu/members/#join